HOW WE USE AND PROTECT YOUR DATA
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who interact with our business, how we use it and how we keep it secure. We confirm that we will keep the information on a secure server and that we will comply fully with all applicable UK Data Protection legislation and regulations in force.
The data controller is:
Paramount 21 Ltd, Old Newton Road, Heathfield, Newton Abbot, TQ12 6RA
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to [email protected] or by writing to Marketing Team, Paramount 21, Old Newton Road, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 6RA. Alternatively, you can telephone 01626 837650.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes.
Who are we?
We are Paramount 21 Ltd, an independent, privately-owned, family company.
How do we collect information from you?
We may need to obtain information from you to give you the best possible experience when you engage with us (via our website or otherwise).
What type of information is collected from you?
In running and operating the business, we may collect and process certain data and information relating to you.
Paramount may collect and receive the following information:
Customer Data: content and information submitted by individuals, for example in order to receive a brochure or ask a question.
Account Creation Information: individuals/businesses may provide data such as email addresses or phone numbers in order to set up an account.
Billing and Other Information: for individuals/businesses who we pay or who pay us, we may collect and store billing address and bank information.
How is this information used?
Answering a Query:
Where you send us personal data in the context of asking us a question or query (for example, about the company, or its products or services or their quality/availability), we shall use the data you provide in order to respond to your question
Fulfilling a Contract/Order
We may store and process your personal data you submit to us to meet our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us. It may be necessary for us to share such data with third parties such as the carrier of goods. If you do not provide the relevant personal data required to carry out our contract with you, you may experience delays, or we may not be able to deliver to you (we will always work with you to resolve any concerns over your data to avoid issues).
Future Direct Marketing
Where you consent to be contacted by us, we may from time to time send you information and/or offers about our goods and/or services which we believe may be of interest to you. At any time, however, you may unsubscribe from such future contact by sending an email to [email protected].
Legal grounds for handling personal information:
Data protection laws require that, where we process your personal data, we must satisfy at least one prescribed condition for processing. These are set out in data protection law and we rely on a number of different conditions for the activities we carry out.
Necessary for performance of a contract or to comply with law
- In some cases, the information described above will be provided to us by you because you want to take services from us or engage with us and our use of your information will be governed by contract terms. Giving this information to us is therefore your choice. If you choose not to give all or some of it to us, this may affect our ability to provide the services you want, to you. In particular, we may rely on this condition for processing in the following scenarios:-
- To process orders, payments and collect arrears.
- To provide and improve customer support.
- To send you service communications.
- Where we collect other information from you such as when you download a brochure. We may also rely on consent in the following scenarios:-
- Marketing – From time to time, we would like to let you know about products, news and offers.
Necessary in our legitimate interests or those of a third party
- We can also use personal information where the benefits of doing it are not outweighed by the interests or fundamental rights or freedoms of individuals. The law calls this the “Legitimate Interests” condition for processing. Where we rely on it, the benefits being pursued by us are:-
- Running a marketing services and data business – like any commercial organisation, we run a business and process information where necessary to do so. We have put in place various safeguards to ensure that individuals’ whose personal information we handle are not unduly harmed by the activities we use their personal data for.
- Reporting and analytical purposes – to provide management information and information to improve our services.
- Tracking activity – to help us to improve our services.
- To maintain our records and other administrative purpose.
- Complaint and dispute resolution – we will need to use customer data when looking into queries and complaints.
We will ensure that we remain compliant in processing and storing your data.
- You data is kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
- Your data is collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
- The data collected is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- If we store and process your data on the basis of consent, we shall work on the basis that your consent degrades. We will seek to gain your consent again two years after your original opt-in date.
- If we store and process your data on the basis of legitimate interests we will conduct a legitimate interests assessment.
- We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell, rent or give your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
How do I opt out?
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us, or whether we retain your personal data.
We will not make contact with you unless based on our contract, consent, or we believe legitimate interest exists. In this case, we shall formulate a legitimate interest assessment which you may have access to if you wish.
If, after opting in, you no longer want to receive direct marketing communications from us, then you can unsubscribe in one of two ways:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of marketing emails sent to you
- Email [email protected] or telephone 01626 837650
We will process your request within 7 days.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent.
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at [email protected] or by writing to Marketing Team, Paramount 21, Old Newton Road, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 6RA. Alternatively, you can telephone 01626 837650.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Paramount 21 Ltd holds about you, to unsubscribe at any time and to request all your details be erased.
We will try to ensure that we deliver the best levels of customer service, but if you think we are falling short of this commitment, please let us know by contacting [email protected]. If you wish to complain about our treatment of your personal data, please get in touch with us and we will endeavour to resolve any issues you may have. Alternatively, if you are still unhappy with any aspect of how we handle your personal information, you may contact the Information Commissioners Office by:
- Going to their website at https://ico.org.uk
- Phone on 0303 123 1113.
- Post to Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. All personally identifiable information is subject to restricted access to prevent unauthorised access, modification or misuse. Please note, however, that we may release your personal data if required to do so by law, or by search warrant, subpoena or court order.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you were referred to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
Availability of Products
Reference to any product or service on our website or brochures does not constitute an offer to sell or supply that product or service. Specific advice concerning the availability and suitability of any particular product or service should be sought before purchase.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
Paramount is based in the United Kingdom (“UK”), however we also operate elsewhere outside the UK. As part of the services offered to you, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if our most suitable sales team to deal with your request or enquiry is located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. If we are processing your data under consent or contractual legal grounds, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with the relevant services.
Review of this Policy