Reporting to the Production Engineer Manager, your primary responsibility will be to reduce downtime within the factory, through the use of preventative maintenance measures, ensuring that the factory maintains a high level of compliance against internal and external technical procedures. Your role will be to enable production in the most efficient manner, and to be proactive in the search for new equipment and processes, enabling constant improvement.
Desirable Qualifications, Experience & Training
- A good general education.
- A sound working knowledge of the food industry and / or an engineering background.
- Ability to understand production methods on line.
- The ability to correctly interpret written and oral procedures.
- Ability to work independently, and under pressure when required.
- To be a practical person and good communicator across all levels.
- Ensuring that all machinery required for the weekly production schedule is operational and efficient.
- To ensure all contractors follow company procedures regarding quality and health and safety.
- To review line efficiencies and look for ways of improving current KPI’s.
- To look at areas of maximum downtime and take action to reduce these areas to agreed levels.
- Maintain preventative maintenance scheme as per internal procedures.
- To ensure that the correct hygiene and housekeeping practices are in place to satisfy all legal and customer requirements.
- At all times ensure that the required level of effective Health and Safety procedures are carried out within your area.
This is a permanent, full-time position working 8 hours a day Monday – Friday
Salary: from £30,000.00 per year
Own transport is an advantage due to location.
To be considered for this role, please email [email protected] including your CV.
Paramount 21 is an equal opportunities employer.
Paramount are an award-winning, family-owned frozen food manufacturer based in Devon. We specialise in creating premium, value-added, frozen vegetarian, vegan, seafood and gluten-free products for today’s fast-paced global food industry.
Our dedication to quality and testing has earned us the BRC (British Retail Consortium) Global Standard for Food Safety Certification, which we have held since 1999.
Everything we produce has been created by chefs, for chefs and is quick and easy to prepare. Our vegan and vegetarian products are licenced by the Vegetarian Society and our gluten-free range is accredited by Coeliac UK.
We pride ourselves on being a responsible and caring company and actively promote products that contain seafood from sustainable sources such as MSC-certified or, other internationally recognised sustainable fishing standards.