A fantastic and exciting opportunity has been created at our award-winning, family run food supply business based in Heathfield.
We hold our values high at Paramount and Passion, Creativity, Respect & Care is the core of everything that we do… and that includes our recruitment process and how we look after our most valuable assets, our team!
We are not looking for an apprentice as a means to fill a gap. We are looking for an apprentice to train and mould into an integral part of this close team, giving them the development and progression chances that they should expect.
So, what’s the role:
This is an office-based role that will see you working alongside our Sales Administration Manager Julie and her team to facilitate the day to day functions of this busy sales office. Benefiting from the experienced team here at Paramount you will receive all the on the job training required to get to grips with your role. As you progress we want you to be taking on further responsibilities.
As part of this role, you will be enrolled onto an 18-month Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship with South Devon College. For the first 12 months you will attend weekly college lessons at one of the SDC’s campuses. You will gain knowledge and experience from our expert tutors that you can take back and apply in your day-to-day role. After you finish your taught sessions your assessor coach and the team here at Paramount will help and guide you to complete the remainder of your assessments and prepare you for your end point assessment.
To begin with, your core responsibilities will be:
- Reception duties – meeting and greeting our valued customers using your friendly and professional manner
- Fielding calls to the appropriate colleague
- Processing customer orders
- Updating and managing customer records
- Inputting and analysing data including invoicing and stock control
- Liaising with transport and warehouse staff
- Office admin including incoming and outgoing post & paperwork
- Adhoc sales tasks, including documents & printing
Don’t worry, we will give complete training for all of the above.
- Monday to Friday (weekends to yourself!)
- 8.30am – 5.00pm with 30 minutes for lunch
- £6.50ph (we promote fair pay)
- 40 Hours per week
- Flexibility for travel reasons
- Accredited Real Living Wage employer
- Family Business
- Friendly Team
- Fantastic progression opportunities – we already have one successful apprentice working with us
So, who are you?
You are someone who is starting out in this sector, or wants to change roles, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. Experience isn’t essential here, but the right personality certainly is. You will always arrive to work with a smile and display a can-do attitude to everything that you attempt. Knowledge and experience come with time and effort, and you will be willing to put those in. You must be enthusiastic and a team player that gets stuck in no matter if that’s part of a larger team or on your own. Most importantly, you need to feel comfortable with and want to work with our fantastic team.
In return for all this incredible effort, you will finish your apprenticeship having a strong and rich experience across a wide range of areas, particularly sales admin and office management.
If all that sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
To be considered for this role, please email [email protected] including your CV and covering letter.
Own transport is an advantage due to location.
Paramount 21 is an equal opportunities employer.